Saturday, June 19, 2010

Baby Brynlee's Battle

I'm up bright and early today (can you please just inject that coffee via IV) to help out a friend and her sister with a yard sale. This isn't your typical yard sale but nothing about this journey will be typical. A precious little girl has an incredibly rare genetic disorder that will require extensive procedures, which means long hospital stays at Vanderbilt (roughly 2 hours away). I don't need any glory for this, I'm actually only helping out with this event because the many other fundraisers are occurring when I'm out of town. I just HAD to help because what if this was my baby girl? All I can keep thinking (selfishly) is what would I do if this was Lucy? The whole story breaks my heart and I wish I had a lot of money to give to their family and on that note, I wish that money could fix their situation. Keep Baby Brynlee in your prayers. Ask God to perform miracles and transform this family and friends through the whole process. Thanks gals!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I will certainly keep this baby and her family in my prayers. I hope the sale is very successful.

Holly said...

You just made me cry. I was just telling Nick about how everyone there helping was either family or a friend of Melissa's, except for you - not that you're not her friend, just that I know you were there because you're a friend to me. Your TIME was worth more than any money you could have given. You really are a good yard-saler! And, it meant so so so much to me to have you there! I know you're not posting for the glory, but I hope you know that you did a very good thing that is very much appreciated. <3 Thank you.

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win