Saturday, May 22, 2010

Summer Reading... I feel like I'm in high school

I feel like I'm in high school because I was as much of a nerd then as I am today and in turn, I've decided to make myself a HUGE Summer Reading list. Typically back in the day, they made you pick two books to read and write a paper about and/or take a test on. Mega-nerd here usually read them all and picked my favorites to write about.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide if I should create a list and instead of only reading this summer, possibly create a challenge to read 100 books in 365 days. As a disclaimer, this is not my own idea, I read it on another blog and thought it was a great idea. I'm also considering making it a weekly event to write reviews on some of these books.

So, over the course of writing this blog, I've decided to create a major list (100 books) and start this new challenge June 1st. Any suggestions regarding books between now and then will be appreciated and likely added to the list (unless I've already read them). Also, if anyone wants to take this journey with me, I'd be glad to have someone to talk to about the books we read.

On a side note, thanks for all the encouraging words and prayers. I love my little blog community!

~Cassie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Robyn Jones said...

I am following you now..thanks for the follow...Hope you are having a good weekend...I used to read...before kids...LOL!

cheri said...

cool! i cant wait to see your list :)

Island Gal said...

Your blog is great and the layout is amazingly pretty! Just became a follower!

Mine is www.nycislandgal.com
Hope you like it and share the love by following me too!

Anonymous said...

Cassie I just read over your list and I'm exhausted. Good for you if you can do it, but you've got a lot of great reads there for sure. Some I even want to read a few like "Enchantment" Life of Audrey Hepburn. If I had to suggest anything I guess it would be Susan Warner's "The Wide, Wide Word". Old english story of an obedient daughter, abandon and submissive, but it's over $50 second hand on amazon. Try the library or better yet - rest up a bit and pick something you'd like. I'll stay tuned to how it's coming along. Hope the baby sleeps well tonight. Smile.

Haupi
http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win