Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Freakish QuirkS

Let me be honest and tell all of you one of my many freakish quirks: I love thinking about baby names. I mean I LOVE it. I think about the names I'll give my children all the time. Because of this, I was thinking today about names that I think are beautiful but have been "ruined" by someone that I've met with that name. An example of this is the name Olivia. I don't know what that name means but I will never look it up because I will never use it because of a girl I went to school with from elementary and up. She was so nasty and hateful to people and she has ruined that lovely name for me. Another example of this is my husband's hate for the name Andrew. He says that every Andrew he's ever personally known was a jackass. I personally like that name, but apparently, it's never going to happen and I understand why.

On the same note, today was Audrey Hepburn's birthday. Let me just say, I love that woman. As a matter of fact, another of my freakish quirks regards numbers. I love matching up numbers so that they mean something. My husband and I got married on April 12th because that was the date that we met two years prior. Also, we were married 4/12/08 because the numbers were all even and 4 and 8 add up to be 12. (YES I KNOW I'M A FREAK!) So, I'm that next year I'm fully pregnant again with another girl and I will choose May 4th as her birthdate and name her Audrey. (Side note: I get to choose my children's birthdays, within reason, because I will always have a c-section due to a previous pelvis break.)

Now that you know my freakish tendencies, please continue to love me anyway. :D

5 comments:

Heather said...

As a teacher I totally understand the name rejection thing. I used to LOVE the name Elijah and after one certain student would never consider using that name. As a result of this my kids have semi-unusual names.
Nice to meet you. I hope you will stop by.

Shelley said...

I have too many quirks to mention :) But I always did enjoy thinking about baby names. I was going to name my first daughter "Rhiannon", after my favorite Fleetwood Mac song (am I showing my age?!), but my mother talked me out of it! Why do I always listen to my mother?? LOL!

New follower from TTA! Love for you to come visit and follow me!

Hope you have a great day :)
Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

www.shelleysswag.blogspot.com

Stephanie Ann said...

Thanks so much for the comment and following me. I loved this post. I have been browsing baby-name books since I was in elementary school just because I have a thing for names. Luckily for me, I picked out my baby names a while back and since they're sort of old-fashioned and quirky I've never met anyone with the same name. (I also agree that Olivia is a lovely name.) Also, I'm a huge Audrey fan so you've officially made my list of "likeable people."

Happy Gramma said...

I am the same way. I knew a girl in 4th grade that was named Charlene. I could never use the name Charlene, never ever!!

I am tagging along on Tag-along Tuesday! Please come visit me and enter my giveaway for the beautiful baby book. Hurry! the contest ends tomorrow!
www.happyfamilyhappykids.blogspot.com

Holly said...

I have the same problem with Olivia. BTW, I don't think your name obsession is freakish at all. Also, (July)4 + (December)13 = (June)17. :)

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win