Tuesday, July 20, 2010

another day-to-day

I thought that being at home full-time would give me an opportunity to accomplish more and hopefully get my house organized, if only for a hot minute. I never for a second thought that being a SAHM would be easy. I did however believe, logically, that if I was at home more, I would be able to spend a little more time on my home and getting things organized in a fashion suitable to me. I WAS SO WRONG! Moving on...

As of next week, literally all of my girlfriends will be gone from Chattanooga. My BFF is moving to Oregon, another is in D.C., and still another just moved to Kentucky. I had girlfriends at work, but mostly we went to lunch together and didn't really hang out otherwise or chat on the phone much. I miss them too but nothing can replace my Amanda, my Amy, and my Holly. And to be honest, I'm the only one of my friends with a child, which has made things significantly different anyway. I like thinking that maybe I can be there for them one day because I've "been there, done that."

But enough ranting, now for some pleasantries: I joined a new mommy group last week on meetup.com and we have our first play-date tomorrow morning. I have to say, I am incredibly excited for the chance to meet other mommies and for Lucy to have some more interaction. My poor husband has heard little else for weeks (without complaint, which makes him more amazing) and I can't wait!

Also, I found a lady to take Lucy's birthday pictures for a very reasonable price and I'll own the rights to the photos, so I can have as many printed as I would like. The photographer wants to update her portfolio and I will benefit greatly! Lucy is such a ham, I'm sure she'll be a great model for the pictures. It's hard to believe that she's turning 1! Time to think about baby #2....

Have a great day friends!
Much love and many blessings,
<>< Cassie

1 comment:

Holly said...

Sweet Cassie,

You strike me as someone who makes friends easily. I'm so glad you have opportunities to meet people who may have common lifestyles to yours. Next week we're going to orientation for Nick's med school, and I get to go to spouse orientation. Actually, I'm not super excited about it. I'm glad to meet new people, I'm just too introverted to look forward to it. <3

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win