Thursday, July 22, 2010

one year ago...

*I started this post yesterday and never had the time to complete it. So one year ago was literally one year and one day. :)*

I went to the OB doc to see how Lucy bug was doing on July 21st last year. It was incredibly hot and I was incredibly pregnant and miserable. Dr. Mills hooked me up for the non-stress test, told me I was having contractions (much to my surprise), and he told me that I was already dilated to 4cm. As a back story here, I broke my pelvis in a car accident at 18 and was told then never to have natural childbirth because it would likely cause another break. My plan, whether I liked it or not, should be a c-section. So, Dr. Mills tried to talk me into delivering her that day, but I just wasn't having it. I am a planner, and unless I literally went into labor and started feeling the contractions or my baby was in danger, I wasn't having a baby until my scheduled time. Besides being a planner, I'm a bit stubborn.

Needless to say, my daughter cooperated and kept her cute little bun in my oven until I wanted, July 24th. At least she listened then. :D It feels like so much longer than a year in many ways. It's odd to think of my life before her. And yet, I can't believe that she has grown so fast. I can't believe how smart and strong and beautiful she is. She obviously still looks like a baby but she also is just too beautiful to be called cute. This year has been wonderful. We've had it lucky and I try to remind myself of this fact when we have one bad day out of twenty. She's perfect. She's everything I ever wanted. And she definitely reaffirms to me that this is exactly what God called me to do in life. I know each child is different, but because being a mommy is the best thing I ever did, I'll keep doing it. I'm still planning on having that house-full of kids, no matter how crazy you all think I am. My cup runneth over....

<>< Cassie

1 comment:

sara said...

happy almost birthday to the munchkin!

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win