Monday, July 12, 2010

100 Followers, Wahoo!

Good day friends! I logged off yesterday with 99 followers and woke up today with 100! Thanks for finding my challenge interesting and for encouraging me through the day-to-day. I have been especially productive this weekend around my home and I'm going into this rainy Monday with a sense of pride for my new SAHM title!

About a few bargains I was so lucky to find this weekend:
Target is quite possibly my favorite store of all time and of course I am excited to search through the $1 bins for little treasures as I enter the store each time. I was VERY excited to find that there was a huge 75% off section for most of these items! I bought so many cards, board books, packages of tissue paper, gift bags, etc for .25 each that I thought I might cry out with joy. To top it off, I had a $5 gift card from some recent purchase, so tax and all it cost me only $2.62!

Also, at BiLo, one of our local grocery stores (only in TN, GA, NC, & SC), there are often items that don't see incredibly well on close-out. This weekend, I found GreenWorks detergent at half off and had $3 off coupons to combine with that for a grand total of $1.19 per unit. That's another 90 loads of laundry for $3.57! And it's much better for the environment.

Enough about deals... I need to follow-up a bit about my book challenge. I am finding it difficult to review the books I've read with objectivity. I've written three more reviews and yet I don't like what I have to say and I am unhappy because I don't think they are helpful. It is yet to be determined if I will post another review. I am considering simply talking about books that I've enjoyed and the experience itself. Before this book challenge, I never listened to an audiobook in my life. Now I've listened to quite a few and it's been great! I love that I can clip coupons, fold laundry, cook dinner, etc, and still have that entertainment. I also enjoy being such an avid reader. I find that there is very little on television now worth viewing and I have a HUGE pile of books to tear through instead. I'll decide soon what to do about reviews and I'll let you all know. Please feel free to give me your input, because I would like to know what you want to read on my ever-evolving blog!

Happy Monday,
Cassie

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win