Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Insurance

I have spent the biggest part of my day speaking with various people regarding my insurance. We got our new insurance cards in the mail from Gary's new job (PRAISE THE LORD!). Because of this, I had make tons of calls today. I called Lucy's pediatrician, her previous insurance company, my new dentist, and a few family physicians. In addition to this, I realized today that we've been paying renter's insurance on top of our home owner's policy. I know this makes us sound silly and frivolous but let me explain. Our renter's insurance was tied in with our car insurance and is paid every six months. We technically bought our home from Gary's grandmother and were originally paying in a rent-to-own manner. She decided to organize the paperwork in January to say that we own the home because she trusts us to pay her and because she thought it would help us receive the first-time home buyer tax credit (which it didn't) and therefore, we changed the home owner's insurance policy into our names (because we were paying it anyway). Anyway, we forgot to call and cancel our renter's insurance because it was already paid in November. Our policy renews in May and I just realized that I could have been reimbursed for the past few months! Needless to say, there was a lot of waiting but I got it all worked out. Though I appreciate having insurance for the first time in far too long, I doubt I'll be calling any of our companies again unless something crazy happens!! :D

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win