Friday, September 19, 2008

The Currys

When I married Gary, I married into a large, loving family. One segment of this family are the Currys (his aunt, uncle, and two cousins). They are a wonderful picture of the American dream and honestly some of the nicest people I've ever met. The kids have excellent manners but far more important to me are their fun and enthusiastic personalities. These kids are not born, they are made, and they are being brought up by extraordinary parents. I say all of that to say this: they have had a horrible heartbreaking event today that also breaks my heart. The Currys prayerfully followed a calling to adopt a 15 year-old boy from Ukraine. They've spent two months away from their children, untold amounts of money living in a horrible flat and on who knows what else, only to be shutdown today. Today was their court day and there was nothing joyful about it. The young man they intended to adopt, simply wanted his freedom and what can you say to that?! He turned 16 last weekend, which makes him a legal adult in Ukraine, and if he doesn't want to come, then he has no one to make him. It just breaks my heart to imagine the joys that he could have if he had only allowed himself to accept this gift from them. It makes me think of people that won't accept God's love, His grace. They simply cannot allow themselves to fathom a happy, fulfilling life. That is how I see his situation now.... that he will be so miserable and poor and lonely forever because he couldn't accept this new and amazing life they offered him. Please pray for the Currys broken hearts and for a safe travel home.

If you are interested to see all of their story, they wrote a blog along the way: Another Curry Kid

Much love and many blessings my friends,
Cassie

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win