Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sundays

I'm not sure why I blog most often on Sundays but I will attribute it to the fact that this is my "catch up" day. Sundays are often reserved for laundry and general cleaning of the house. I would call this my day of organization. I cleaned out our closets and drawers and found about 2 garbage bags of clothes for donation. I also emptied our pantry for the local food bank. And lastly, cleaned out the fridge of old leftovers and out-dated jars. It feels so nice to begin Spring cleaning.

In other good news: I'm going part-time at work and therefore should have more time to achieve the goals I set for our family and home. I know Lucy will require a huge chunk of my time and I am excited about that. I just can't believe how lucky I am to be raising this child. I can't wait to see how her life turns out. And praise God that I will have the pleasure of spending lots of time with her now.

So far this month, I haven't been able to start a new book but I may have resolved to change that goal. Because I will be working less hours, I'm going to put us on a stricter budget and therefore may not find room in the budget for books. We shall see. But even if my goals are being evolved, I feel like we are accomplishing more and more of them and that life has gained new meaning. I know that is a little broad and cliche but it's true.

Gary and I have been discussing goals on a broad scale lately. Yesterday he achieved one of his greatest goals because he graduated college. I am very excited for him and very proud. As a result, he asked me what my major life goals were and after a little thought, I've made some decisions. I want to be my own boss. I want to own a small business. I'm not going to rush into anything but I'm planning to do some research and find out what this means how to get to that point. We'll see if this is what I really want or if I'll be content to be a stay-at-home mom and educator. I can't wait to see!!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

Search & Win